Aug 17, 2007

Sitting Seiza in Comfort


I just got an email from a person who ordered a Portable Meditation Seat from my online store:

I suppose it wasn't the best planning in the world to take a six-hour hike up and around Tiger Mountain the day before my tea class. My teacher could clearly see that I was hurting as my 60-plus year-old knees winced in pain as the class wore on.

At a break in the lesson he handed me a small package wrapped in an attractive green cloth. Opening it I found pain relief in the shape of three pieces of wood, one of Sweet Persimmon's seiza stools.

I'd purchased a similar stool years ago in Japan but it never gave me any relief. Its dimensions were wrong for my Western frame but the Sweet Persimmon one was perfect! It took me five seconds to assemble the seat and another five to tie the padded fabric to it and thus give me some extra (and welcome) padding.

The rest of the class was a joy as I was able to give my full attention to my instructor. And, because the way the stool is built, you would have to look hard to realize I wasn't sitting in full seiza position.

Needless to say, that night I ordered my own! It's been great to have in class and, even though I have a class tomorrow, I think I'll tackle Mt. Catherine today . . .

A grateful tea student


You can order your Portable Meditation seat from SweetPersimmon.com and sit in comfort, too.

2 comments:

  1. sweetp - visiting your site is like taking time out from the ratrace! Love it. A breath of fresh air.

    (My brother is very impressed with his seiza stool too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mad,

    Thanks for coming and taking the time to comment. Tell your brother that I am thinking of him meditating on his stool and to stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete