Mar 11, 2011

Slow Down

I am very seldom sick, but I have been under the weather for about a week.  During my convalescence I was thinking of all the things I was not getting done and fretting over how many appointments, classes and meetings I had to cancel.   Mostly, though I slept a lot, drank a lot of tea, and read.  How indulgent it was.   Now I am back to the world and feel really energized.  I have made new lists for everything and am catching up on all of my undone tasks.  I do have a few posts that I would like to get to, and a few requests, but for right now,  the enforced slow down of my life due to illness seemed like a time out from the relentlessness of having to do something.  Just a little sign to take some time out.  Like they say, "Don't just do something, sit there."

P.S. Thank you to all of my well wishers for my birthday.  The celebration continues as it is still my birthday week today, and golly we're not even half way through celebrating my birthday month, let alone one third of the way through my birthday year.

No comments:

Post a Comment