- Be open to the experience that life presents to you. Say yes more often than no. Opportunities may not look like what you expected or wished for.
- Be thankful everyday for the life you have. Gratitude, even for your troubles because they help you grow.
- Be kind to other people. It doesn't take anything away from you to encourage, listen closely, say something nice or do something for someone.
- Do your best, all the time. You cannot live life at half-speed, there simply is not enough time.
- Leave something for people who follow you. If you develop knowledge or expertise, pass it on. It does no good if it dies with you.
- The people you don't get along with are your teachers. At the minimum, it is good training for you to learn how to handle people and situations you don't like.
- Excuses are a waste of time.
- Be generous. You will be amazed at how much comes back to you.
- Be careful about acquiring things. The more you own the less space you have. What you buy or accumulate says a lot about you.
- Learn to let go. Of grudges, of mistakes, of behaviors that don't serve you, of people who are no longer good for you.
Women in Tea: Shiuwen Tai
2 days ago